Floral Journal: Lavender

Sunday, June 19, 2016


"Summer afternoon; to me they have always been 
the two most beautiful words in the English language,"

- Henry James


And that's exactly how I have been feeling this week. Summer is here and the sun is giving its glorious glow every evening. But on this particular evening, I picked some lavender for myself. I had so much fun taking these photos and was loving the scent as I held them close to me, so much so that I couldn't stop thinking about doing this regularly. That is, find more plants and flowers to fill my head with. 
See, my mind has been buzzing with the idea to make my very own floral journal. This would be filled with a sketch of each one that I come across or want to know more about. Each page I will research and jot down a few notes that need remembering. And if applicable, press the flower/plant inside to keep forever.
I also want to try my hand at handmade recycled paper making! Maybe this will be what my journal is made of... If you or anyone you know does this or has experimented with handmade paper let me know! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Liked this post? Let me know your thoughts below!

Subscribe here!

Popular Posts

Search

Featured Post

Spring Capsule Wardrobe: thredUP

I found my new favorite store, people. It has all that my heart desires... and so much more! Today, my friends, I give you  thredUP . Th...