Spring Capsule Wardrobe: thredUP

Thursday, March 31, 2016


I found my new favorite store, people. It has all that my heart desires... and so much more! Today, my friends, I give you thredUP. They are an online consignment shop providing the very best of secondhand clothing, shoes, and accessories. The items are very like-new and even come with new thredUP tags and beautiful wrapping! So, believe me when I say opening my first box was utter delight! I also couldn't even believe that everything is guaranteed to be up to 90% off! This made my purchases seem that much more rewarding. Keep that in mind and on the tips of your fingers as you continuously scroll through some of their available designer brands: MadewellJ. CrewZaraCoach, and the lovely Diane Von Furstenberg.

But then, being their gracious and wonderful company self, thredUP personally asked me to give you a look into a Spring Capsule Wardrobe styled by yours truly AND bought from... h e l l o: thredUP. If you didn't guess, I was 110% ready to jump at the opportunity to shop for new clothes. My curious heart began filling up my online shopping cart soon after I got the green light. 

As you can see, I got a little crazy with freshly picked flowers and even did a whole sneak peek unboxing on my personal Snapchat for all my friends!


Oh, and there's a special discount just for YOU at the bottom of this post! Be sure to look for it!

Preview of my Snapchat unboxing! (username: thisverygarden)

I decided to capture the pieces I bought with the help of the extremely talented photographer and my friend, Liz Rowe (Liz Rachel Photography)! We spent the day walking around downtown and she made me feel like a proper queen... Or, maybe just a super successful woman with an arsenal of affordable fashion. So, without any further long paragraphs to read, let your wide eyes do the work and see how you can get ready for Spring with the essential pieces to build your very own capsule wardrobe!

The Trench

Liz Rachel Photography
Liz Rachel Photography
Liz Rachel Photography 
Ralph Lauren Navy Trench Coat
$24.40 at thredUP
Style this classy trench up with pointed heels and a lace blouse or style it down for a more casual, downtown stroll with sneakers.

The Sweater

 Liz Rachel Photography
Liz Rachel Photography
Zara Knit Sweater
$2.97 because of a friend's $20 off code! at thredUP
Gray and black make for a stunning pair. This comfy, lightweight sweater is perfect for a bold night look with black ankle booties and skinnies. And slip it on with leggings or pants and some tennis shoes for a walk.

The Necktie Blouse

 Liz Rachel Photography
 Liz Rachel Photography

Anne Taylor LOFT Necktie Blouse
$13.60 at thredUP
Add a little vintage to your tops with a necktie built right into the collar! Classic black skinnies and a black shoe make it pop, or try a thrifted linen blazer and your favorite sandal.

The Cardigan

 Liz Rachel Photography
 Liz Rachel Photography

Banana Republic Cardigan
$11.17 at thredUP
This cozy brown knit cardigan can really go with anything! I love how it looks with a striped button down and rolled up sleeves, and a white slip on sandal. And for the evening, a straight black pant leg and heels bring it up a notch. And don't forget a little silk scarf to tie it all together.

The Dress

 Liz Rachel Photography
Liz Rachel Photography

W118 By Walter Baker Dress
$28.00 at thredUP
I adore dresses that fit comfortably and provide pockets! This button down, black & white speckled dress is such a eye catcher. I paired it with a dark green blazer and hat, with my favorite brown mid-size heels. But this other look with a blush scarf and gladiator sandals is perfect for sunny spring days when the flowers are in bloom!

___________________________________________________________________

These five pieces are my go-to's for Spring and they work perfectly for mixing and matching every day. If you are searching for that perfect opportunity to spend less on your Spring shopping, and want to clean that closet out in the process, thredUP provides the ideal solution to your season must haves and needs... and all for, don't forget: 90% off! It's crazy that I saved $269.00 big ones off retail! Now I head straight to thredUP first before spending more money on top brand stores. I'm serious; I've been dreaming of the coziest cardigan that I can just slip on and go... See that gorgeous long brown cardigan a few photos above? I found her. She's all mine now :) Thank you, thredUP!

Here's a deal for you!!! Get $10.00 OFF by using this link: http://www.thredup.com/r/OZSSJH

And so much thanks to my favorite gal and brilliant photographer, Liz! If you didn't already check her out, please do! Here are her social medias:

Instagram: @LizRachelPhoto
And thredUP

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Wow!!! I've seen capsule wardrobes done before, but never heard of this company. Thanks for sharing your experience! Your blog is beautiful and I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, you are so kind, Allie! I LOVE thredUP! They really help out when you don't want to spend that much money. I have a $10 OFF link in my Instagram bio if you want to check them out!
      Thank you for the lovely words! I can't wait to post more!

      Delete
    2. The link is to my Insta is: https://www.instagram.com/thisverygarden/

      Delete

Liked this post? Let me know your thoughts below!

Subscribe here!

Popular Posts

Search

Featured Post

Spring Capsule Wardrobe: thredUP

I found my new favorite store, people. It has all that my heart desires... and so much more! Today, my friends, I give you  thredUP . Th...