Quick and Easy Snacks

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Today I wanted to talk about my favorite midday snacks for when I'm feeling like I need that little something to get me by. Or, if you just love food and want to learn a somewhat healthy alternative to, say, chips; this might be a good start!

First we have
Tea and gluten-free matzah bread
Let me just begin with this: I'm not a huge coffee drinker. Coffee is delicious in many ways but I personally limit myself because of the caffeine. That brings me to tea! Oh, delicious warm tea with a dash of sugar and maybe some milk. It's the best! I usually go for the Lipton brand tea and add as much milk (or almond milk) as I want to make it creamy. 

Then add some crackers or toast or gluten-free matzah bread. I always love finding something new I like that's gluten-free! Things like breads contain gluten for example. I don't live on a gluten-free diet or need to; the thing is, I just find that it is a healthier option to most of the items I eat.


Smoothie with flax seed 
For this purple smoothie, I probably added in more fruit than I should. But I love mixing new fruits to see what it tastes like! If you don't want to add all of these options you don't have to! But the flax seed is good for you, it's a great source of healthy fats. The ingredients were:

2 bananas
4 raspberries
5 pineapples (I really like peaches too)
1/2 teaspoon of flax seed
almond milk
greek yogurt

Great Grains cereal
This crunchy Great Grains cereal by Post brand is my favorite to eat for breakfast, and if I need another snack throughout the day it's just as great! You can buy the box in different flavors/varieties and the one shown here is Raisins, Dates and Pecans.

Apples and peanut butter
Who doesn't like peanut butter? Like, come on. Yum!

Sliced Turkey and grapes
Wrap your turkey slices into long turkey rolls to eat on the go. And add a few cold grapes and you're good to go! I love the sweetness of the grapes and the savory turkey meat together.

Almonds
Almonds are a great substitute for chips, or anything salty. You can lightly salt them if you need to, but the plain ones still taste like a crunchy treat.

Chobani greek yogurt

This delicious blend of blueberries and greek yogurt by Chobani is one of my favorites! It has a different taste than regular yogurt, but it's way healthier!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Liked this post? Let me know your thoughts below!

INSTAGRAM

Subscribe here!

Popular Posts

Search

Featured Post

Spring Capsule Wardrobe: thredUP

I found my new favorite store, people. It has all that my heart desires... and so much more! Today, my friends, I give you  thredUP . Th...